Smoothies is an all time favorite “snack” to me. Extremely quick to make, very refreshing to taste and even better, making smoothie is a sure-shot way of consuming all the fresh fruits stacked up in our fridge! Don’t just eat one at a time, go all-the-way..
Anyway, so when you don’t have variety of berries to blend into your smoothie, you have to get creative and think of other ingredients that go with berry of your choice. And as I always have mint hanging around in our house, I decided to make the case for it. Fresh mint, strawberries, greek yogurt, honey and some reduced fat milk. You could add chia seeds too!
It is purely coincidental that this smoothie looks a delicious shade of pink like this fig smoothie.. Or maybe I like this color.. May be it’s little bit of both!
Your Map to Strawberry Mint Smoothie
Author: Minty Chai
Total Time: 15 min
- 15 fresh medium-sized strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup reduced fat milk
- Wash and cut the strawberries. Slice them in half and place in the blender. Add honey, yogurt, milk, vanilla extract and mint leaves all to the blender.
- Blend well until all berries are chopped and mixture has good smoothie like consistency.
- Pour it out in two glasses, garnish with fresh mint leaves.