This is a season when I am in love with Figs. I wanted to try more things with it and since a craving one morning called for it, I made a fig smoothie with dates and honey.
Not only is it tasty, but it’s B-E-A-utiful to look at. Smoothie version of figs muffles the color, giving it a lighter yet bright tone and blending them explodes their grainy texture which dramatically improves the visual appeal of this smoothie.
There are a few feel good ingredients there too, like honey vanilla greek yogurt which add creaminess and dash of protein making this an excellent healthy choice to start your day.
Your Map to Date with Fig Smoothie
Author: Minty Chai
- 5-6 fresh ripe figs
- 4 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt (I used honey vanilla flavor)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 almonds
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- Cut the figs into quarters. Load them into your blender.
- Add dates, honey, yogurt and milk. Add on almonds. Blend everything together until they form a smoothie like consistency.
- Pour in tall glasses and serve immediately.
Notes and Tips
- This recipe is highly amenable to tweaks. Adjust the sweetness by increasing or lowering amount of honey. Also, you can use more milk to make your smoothie less thick. Possibilities are endless. Go ahead and experiment!
- Consume right away. Ripe figs oxidize if left exposed to air for too long.